General Terms & Conditions for Volunteers
Welcome to IDFA! Without the enthusiasm of volunteers like you, IDFA would simply not be possible. We’re sure that we will have a great time working together this year, but to avoid any problems along the way, we’ve made a list of our mutual responsibilities:
- As an IDFA volunteer, you are the face of the festival, so please behave accordingly. Make sure that you treat the festival audiences, guests, employees, colleagues and coordinators with the respect they deserve.
- As a volunteer, you will work eight shifts, three of which will be spread over the weekends. A shift lasts an average of 6 hours. Depending on the job, some shifts may also take place prior to the festival. Generally speaking, we need your help from November 12th-25th. However, if you are part of the A-team you will start in the beginning of November. The festival starts on Wednesday, November 14.
- Your presence is mandatory at the instruction meeting that will be organized before your first shift.
- Each group of volunteers has a coordinator who provides instructions and serves as your contact within the festival organization. Please follow your coordinator’s instructions.
- Please remember you are not alone. If you encounter any problems along the way, don’t hesitate to address them with your coordinator or the volunteer coordinator.
- Please be on time, 15 minutes before the start of your shift. If you have to call in sick, inform your coordinator as early as possible.
- The use of alcohol or drugs while you’re on the job is strictly prohibited.
- Before starting your first shift, we ask that you pick up your Crew Pass. With your Crew Pass you can get free tickets for all regular public screenings. To get a ticket, go to the box office on the day of or a day before the screening. A limited number of tickets per screening will be reserved for Crew Pass holders. You cannot get free tickets to special and compilation programs with the Crew Pass, but it does offer you a discount. The Crew Pass cannot be used to reserve tickets. Always have your pass and ticket ready for inspection when entering the cinema.
- As a volunteer, you will receive an IDFA t-shirt and a catalogue. You will also be provided with lunch or dinner, depending on the hours you work:
- If your shift is between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., you will be provided with lunch.
- If your shift is between 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., you will get a restaurant voucher to visit one of the selected festival restaurants after your shift.
- If your shift starts after 7:00 p.m., we ask that you have eaten before your shift.
In the event that volunteers fail to follow the above terms and conditions, IDFA reserves the right to take appropriate measures.
Please note: Are you from outside the EU? You will need a work permit. A Student Visa alone does not give the right to work, not even as a volunteer.
Thanks a lot for your cooperation. We’re looking forward to a great festival!