Become a Friend of IDFA
From €3 per month you can become a Friend of IDFA.
IDFA presents an international program of documentary films that includes premieres, in-depth talks and debates, online screenings, and experiments with new documentary forms. All of this is possible thanks to your support as a donor.
As a Friend, you also support the IDFA Award for Best First Appearance, our prize for the best debut film at the festival. Your contribution also goes to the IDFAcademy Summer School, where young filmmakers are guided to develop new projects through writing scripts and editing films. It's all part of how we develop new film talent, one of our top priorities at IDFA.
In appreciation of your support, we give you:
- Early bird access to ticket sales
- 1 or 2 tickets for the special Friends screening (a documentary from the IDFA Competition for First Appearance)
- An invitation to the IDFAcademy Summer School screening in July (max. 40 seats available)
- A discount on the two IDFA Specials in spring and autumn, plus entry in various competitions to win free tickets
- First access to the IDFA Program Magazine and the monthly Friends newsletter
Prefer not to donate through a direct debit transaction? No problem. You can also make a one-time donation. If you donate an amount of € 36 or more, you will enjoy all Friends benefits throughout the year.
Giving is advantageous
According to the law, a gift to IDFA is 125% deductible for taxes. Moreover, the donation threshold for the deductible amount does not apply to a regular donation that recurs for five years. For example, if you fall into a high tax bracket, with a monthly donation of € 9 your tax benefit is € 6 per month, which means your net donation amounts to only € 3 per month. In the lowest and middle tax brackets, the net amount is approximately € 4,50. Please note: the government is responsible for the policy regarding tax deductions and determines whether this will remain so in the future.
For more information or to apply, please contact Marloes Janssen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020-2620824.