Become a Friend of IDFA
From €3 per month you can become a Friend of IDFA.
IDFA presents an international program of documentary films that includes premieres, in-depth talks and debates, online screenings, and experiments with new documentary forms. All of this is possible thanks to your support as a donor.
Together, we believe in the power of documentary film. In creative documentaries that deepen, reveal, and inspire. In documentaries that bring people closer together. And in documentaries that are a catalyst for change.
In appreciation of your support, we give you:
- Early-bird access to festival ticket sales (on sale early November), as well as to special programs such as the Volkskrant Day (on sale late September and late October).
- 1 free ticket to the Friends screening during the festival, where you will watch one of the top films of the year. Get a second free ticket for a monthly donation of €9.
- 2 discounted tickets to the IDFA Specials in spring and autumn.
- First access to the IDFA Program Magazine, sent straight to your doorstep
- The Friends newsletter, sent six times a year, that contains film tips, special deals, and more
Prefer not to donate through a direct debit transaction? No problem. You can also make a one-time donation. If you donate an amount of € 36 or more, you will enjoy all Friends benefits throughout the year.
Giving is advantageous
According to the law, a gift to IDFA is 125% deductible for taxes. Moreover, the donation threshold for the deductible amount does not apply to a regular donation that recurs for five years. For example, if you fall into a high tax bracket, with a monthly donation of € 9 your tax benefit is € 6 per month, which means your net donation amounts to only € 3 per month. In the lowest and middle tax brackets, the net amount is approximately € 4,50. Please note: the government is responsible for the policy regarding tax deductions and determines whether this will remain so in the future.
For more information or to apply, please contact Marloes Janssen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020-2620824.