Here you find the most frequently asked questions about the festival.
1. How do I get the program magazine?
On Tuesday November 1, the program magazine is available inside de Volkskrant. From this date onward, you can also pick it up free of charge at the various festival theaters (such as Eye, Pathé Tuschinski, and De Brakke Grond) and at various nightlife locations in Amsterdam.
2. When do ticket sales start?
Ticket sales start Monday October 31 at 12.00. Tickets can only be purchased online. For more information, see Ticket Info.
3. How can I become a Friend of IDFA?
You can become a Friend of IDFA starting at just €3 per month. On our website you will find a form that allows us to withdraw a monthly amount from your account. It's also possible to become a Friend by transferring a single amount each year. For further information, see Friends of IDFA (in Dutch).
4. Where can I pick up my tickets?
For physical screenings, you will receive the tickets by e-mail and can print them out yourself. For online screenings, you will receive a confirmation e-mail after your order.
5. I have a Cultural Youth Pass (CJP)/student pass. How can I buy tickets at the discounted rate?
The CJP card and Student Pass allow you to purchase discounted tickets.
6. Are the films subtitled in Dutch or English?
IDFA is an international festival; the official language is English. English-language films are usually not subtitled. Films in a language other than English are subtitled in English. An exception to this is the IDFA Special IDFA Junior, which screens all films in spoken or subtitled Dutch.
7. What COVID-19 measures is IDFA taking?
We are doing everything in our power to ensure the safety of our visitors and employees. Read more about our COVID-19 protocols.
8. Where can I find more on the Specials this year?
See an overview of all IDFA Specials and Hits here.
9. Can I watch online screenings from outside of the Netherlands?
IDFA's online festival screenings can only be viewed from a Dutch IP address. This is due to international film rights and the function of a festival like IDFA.