Call for IDFA 2020 festival submissions
Submit your documentary films and interactive/immersive projects to be considered for IDFA 2020
We are now accepting submissions for IDFA 2020! Send us your films, performances, and interactive/immersive projects to be considered for the 33rd edition of IDFA, taking place November 18th to 29th, 2020.
IDFA selects approximately 300 titles every year in 10 competitions, a wide range of non-competitive program sections, and an expansive new media program with works showcased in a physical exhibition or as experimental live performances. With locations across Amsterdam, the festival welcomes some 295,000 visitors, including 3,300 industry professionals and 40,000 school children, making it the world’s largest and most influential documentary film and new media festival.
As we enter our 33rd year, we look forward to receiving your documentary films and non-fiction art.
Our submission deadlines are:
- May 1st, 2020 – for all films completed between August 1st, 2019 and April 30th, 2020.
- July 1st, 2020 – for all performances and interactive/immersive new media projects.
- August 1st, 2020 – for all films completed after April 30th, 2020.
We encourage you to submit your work as soon as it is completed.
What's new this year?
- The IDFA Competition for Student Documentary will now only accept world, international, and European premieres.
- July 1st is the new submission deadline for performances and interactive/immersive new media projects. These projects will be considered for IDFA DocLab, IDFA on Stage, and other program sections that explore different ways of showcasing documentary art.
- If you are submitting a project for IDFA on Stage, please fill out the entry form for performances and new media projects, not the film entry form.