International co-production and co-financing market for documentaries.
IDFA Forum is one of the most influential meeting places for filmmakers, creators, and producers working on ground-breaking creative documentaries and new media projects.
This year, current distancing and crowd limitations mean that IDFA Forum will take place online, ensuring that accredited guests all over the world can participate. Nevertheless, guests who can travel in November will be welcome to watch films in cinemas and participate in additional industry activities (apart from the Forum and Docs for Sale) in Amsterdam. Read more about the online IDFA Forum Setup here.
The first of its kind, the Forum gathers some of the strongest documentary projects currently being developed and produced globally, and presents them in a five-day program of public presentations and one-on-one meetings. As a premium market to find partners and expand your international network, decision makers, producers, and other documentary stakeholders will discover a wide variety of outstanding documentary projects that includes theatrical releases, series, and interactive new media projects from around the world.
- IDFA Forum and IDFA DocLab Forum: November 16-20
- Live online presentations of projects: November 16-18 (14:00-18:00 Amsterdam time)
- One-on-one meetings for selected projects: November 19-20 (various time zones)
- Expert meetings for observers: November 19-20 (various time zones)
- Social events: November 16-20 (exact times to be announced)
IDFA Forum is made possible by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science of the Netherlands and Creative Europe Media.