Everything you need to know about getting tickets to IDFA 2019, including ticket sales, box offices, discounts, and special deals.
Tickets now on sale
Help Desk | firstname.lastname@example.org | 020 26 20 760
Having trouble during the order process? Please e-mail your question to email@example.com or call 020 -26 20 760.
Opening hours during the festival:
November 21 to December 1: 9:00-17:00
The films in the program are English spoken or English subtitled.
Buy a Discount Pass
Are you planning to attend more than four screenings? Then buy our Discount Pass (in Dutch, the Voordeelpas) for €12.50 before you order tickets. After purchasing tickets for five films, you have already earned back the cost of the Pass. A ticket with a Discount Pass costs €8.50; the regular ticket price is €11.50.
How does the Discount Pass work? After you have paid, you will immediately receive the Discount Pass as a PDF file with a barcode in the e-mail. All tickets that you then purchase with the Special Pass fare will automatically be uploaded to this PDF file. The pass is your admission ticket and will be scanned directly (from mobile or print) at the venue.
Buying tickets online
1. Go to IDFA.nl or download the IDFA app, then log in with your MyIDFA account. Planning to see more than four films? By a Discount Pass first.
2. Select your screening, create a MyIDFA account or log in to your existing account, and purchase your tickets.
3. Payments can be made using iDeal or credit card.
4. You will receive an e-ticket or proof of purchase. With proof of purchase, you can pick up your ticket at one of the festival box offices.
Festival Box Offices
During the festival you can also buy tickets at the box offices in the various theaters.
- From Thursday November 21 to Sunday December 1, there is a box office and service point in Lil' A'dam Central Station which is open from 11:00 to 19:00.
- The festival box offices in Pathé de Munt and Pathé Tuschinski Arthouse are open during the festival from 9:00 am until 15 minutes after the start of the last screening of the day.
- The ticket offices in EYE, De Brakke Grond, Het Ketelhuis, De Kleine Komedie, De Balie, Carré, Podium Mozaïek, and Tolhuistuin are open from one hour before the start of the first performance.
- For the performances in the Bijlmer Parktheater, LUX Nijmegen, Groninger Forum, and LantarenVenster Rotterdam, tickets can only be purchased at the box office of the location in question. The pricing policy of the relevant theaters also applies here. The Disount Pass, for example, is not valid here.
At all festival ticket offices, you can only pay by debit or credit card.
Prices and discounts
The discount rate is valid with an IDFA Discount Pass, a student pass, a CJP Youth pass or an Amsterdam City Pass, and can be found on the website below the regular rate.
Regular rate €11.50 Discount rate €8.50
For IDFA Specials and other programs, different rates apply:
IDFA in Carré € 15.00 Discount rate € 12.50
IDFA Discount Pass (for 1 person) € 12,50 BankGiro Loterij VIP-card holders Holders of an BankGiro Loterij VIP Card can order a maximum of four free tickets for any regular screening and a maximum of four tickets for the IDFA in Carré screenings, subject to availability.
Cineville For the Tomorrow's Classics program, you pay € 12.50 with a Cineville pass instead of the full amount of € 32.50. Want to see these films elsewhere in the festival? Cineville pass holders can also access other screenings of Waiting for the Carnival, The Euphoria of Being, and Talking about Trees at IDFA for only €2.50 each.