Visit IDFA DocLab: Locations, Tickets & Reservations
On this page you'll find all practical information about visiting IDFA DocLab 2019. See the complete DocLab program here.
This year, DocLab and its main exhibition can be found at Tolhuistuin, next to the Eye Film Museum. At Tolhuistuin, over 30 interactive installations, immersive experiences, audio walks, video installations and live performances are being presented, as well as live events and industry events. To get to this new heart of the DocLab festival program, just take the free ferry behind Amsterdam Central Station. The trip across the water takes only five minutes.
But DocLab is also expanding into various other locations this year: the annual Interactive Conference at Compagnietheater; the immersive Ayahuasca exhibition at Eye; the VR Cinema and Pop-up Exhibition in Lil’ Amsterdam at Central Station; and a series of dome screenings at the ARTIS-Planetarium.
Our staff onsite will be more than happy to help you with your reservations and tickets.
The main DocLab exhibition at Tolhuistuin and the Pop-Up Exhibition at Lil’ Amsterdam in Central Station are free, but some projects require reservations. At each location, reservations can be made for free at the DocLab Reservation Desk for projects available there on that day. The Reservation Desk is open 11:00-21:00. Reservations can only be made for the same day. Advance booking of free slots isn’t possible.
- DocLab: Exhibition | Friday November 22 to Saturday November 30, 11:00–21:00 | Sunday December 1, 11:00–18:00
- DocLab: Opening Night | Friday November 22, 20:00, by invitation only
Lil' Amsterdam in Central Station
- Pop-up Exhibition | Thursday November 21 to Saturday November 30, 11:00–19:00 | Sunday December 1, 11:00–18:00
Regular ticket sales
For the projects and events below, a ticket is required. These can be bought online, in the IDFA app, or at the IDFA Box Office at various festival locations.
Lil' Amsterdam in Central Station
- DocLab: VR Cinema | €8.50 | Thursday November 21 to Sunday December 1, hourly slots from 11:30-18:30. A VR Cinema ticket provides you a personal slot for watching VR films at Central Station, without having to wait in line or reserve a slot at the exhibition in Tolhuistuin. You can choose a fixed menu or make a personal selection from all available VR films: Inhabited House, The Waiting Room VR, Dinners, Last Whispers, -22.7, and Lagos at Large.
- DocLab: Artificial Futures | €11.50/€8.50 | Sunday November 24 | 20:00–21:30
- DocLab: Interactive Conference (including A Machine for Viewing) | €42.50 |Saturday November 23 | 10:00–18:00
- IDFA On Stage: A Machine for Viewing | €11.50/€8.50 | Saturday November 23 | 19:00–20:00
Eye Filmmuseum (Waterfront)
- Ayahuasca - The Shamanic Exhibition | €11.50/€8.50 | Friday November 22 to Sunday December 1, hourly slots from 11:00-20:30
- DocLab: A Night at the Planetarium #1 | €11.50/€8.50 | Saturday November 23 | 20:00
- DocLab: A Night at the Planetarium #2 | €11.50/€8.50 | Monday November 25 | 20:00
- DocLab: A Night at the Planetarium #3 | €11.50/€8.50 | Saturday November 30 | 20:00
- Look Inside | €8.50 | Friday November 22 to Sunday December 1, hourly slots from 12:00-20:30
Voor industry professionals, the DocLab Forum kicks off at Tolhuistuin on Sunday 24 November with project presentations, prototype showcases and the R&D Summit. The DocLab Forum continues on Monday at Compagnietheater with roundtable presentations and one-on-one meetings. Open to all Forum Pass holders.