Special Friends of IDFA
IDFA’s Special Friends form an exclusive and involved group of documentary connoisseurs who are particularly kind to the festival. As thanks for your support, you will receive free tickets and invitations to special events, you’ll be kept informed all year long and get a glance behind the scenes of IDFA.
Becoming a Special Friend
As a Special Friend of IDFA, you are very fond of documentaries. The Special Friends club consists of people who enjoy experiencing special films and events and meeting documentary makers and others, both during the festival and throughout the year. As thanks for your annual contribution of €1,000, you will receive free tickets and invitations to special events, which means you’ll be kept informed all year long and get a glance behind the scenes of IDFA. IDFA has been designated a Public Benefit Organization by the Dutch Tax Administration, which means our supporters may receive fiscal advantages.
In the Netherlands, new donation laws ensure that a contribution to IDFA is 125% tax deductible. For periodic donations committed for a period of five years, there is no deduction ceiling. For example, a periodic donation of €1,000 will cost you a net sum of €475. If you are in the highest tax bracket (52%), this would be €350.
- Twenty free tickets for regular screenings during the festival.
- Priority when buying tickets.
- An invitation to the Special Friends Dinner, during which the festival directors discuss the highlights of the festival (dinner for two in October).
- Exclusive access to the festival opening and the IDFA Awards Ceremony (for two).
- Special meetings throughout the year (for two).
- Program guide sent to your home prior to going on sale.
For more information or to register, please contact Marloes Janssen: firstname.lastname@example.org or 020-2620824.
You can also sign up directly by filling in this form: Sign up form Special Friend