IBF Europe: Submit for Distribution Support
[Back to IBF Europe
• Applications must be filled out in English
• Applications will only be accepted when accompanied by all required documents as stated below
• Applications will only be accepted when accompanied by a roughcut, an offline picture lock or final cut
• Vimeo or youtube links (or DVD's) must be in English or have English subtitles
. Links should remain online for at least two months following the deadline.
What to do
• Read the Regulations
to see if your project meets the basic criteria.
• Complete an entry form on MyIDFA
. The entry form includes the basic details of the project, a list of crew members, a logline, synopsis, project description, biography of the filmmakers and producers and a link to audiovisual materials (final cut).
• Upload the following documents in your MyIDFA account after
you pressed 'Submit' in the entry form, through the 'Documents link' option (pdf/word/excel/jpeg):
1. IBF Europe distribution project form
, containing a paragraph from applicant explaining involvement in the project / complete marketing-distribution plan, including internet, VOD, other digital platforms and/or outreach campaigns, theatrical release, television, event screenings and festivals / distribution schedule / track record of the applicant / other partners expected to be involved (sales agents, distributors, broadcasters, VOD partners, event organizers and/or outreach partners)
2. a complete distribution budget and finance plan
using the provided excel sheet.
3. a signed co-production agreement
, containing a clear indication of the participation of each co-producer in the financing of the project / joint ownership of all the rights / sharing of the revenues between the co-producers (exclusive and/or shared territories) / definition of the total budget, spending requirements and the strategy in the event of budget overages / reference to applicable treaties.
4. an extract of registration
, clearly indicating the applicant’s company name, the address of its head office, year of establishment, and ownership, no older than 6 months.
5. letters of commitment/interest
of at least 3 partners.
• Post the roughcut, offline picture lock or final cut of the documentary on Vimeo or YouTube. Fill out the link in the entry form OR send the link to email@example.com
• Only if no link is available: send a DVD by regular mail.
Regulations for Distribution Support
Selection procedure and contracts
Frequently Asked Questions