IBF Europe: Submit for International Co-production support
[Back to IBF Europe
• The deadline to submit a project for international co-production is May 1, 2017.
• Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. Completed applications must be in our office on the day of the deadline.
• Applications must be filled out in English.
• Applications will only be accepted when accompanied by all required documents as stated below.
• Applications will only be accepted when accompanied by a trailer, demo or edited sequence of at least 5 minutes.
• For projects that have finished the shooting phase it is recommended to send an edited sequence or rough cut edit with a minimum of 20 minutes.
• DVD's and Vimeo or YouTube links must be in our office on the day of the deadline. Make sure that DVD’s are clearly marked with the project title.
• DVD's and Vimeo or YouTube links must be in English or have English subtitles. Links should remain online for at least two months following the deadline.
What to do
• Read the Regulations
to see if your project meets the basic criteria.
• Complete an entry form on MyIDFA
(available from April 1, 2017
). The entry form includes the basic details of the project, a list of crew members, a logline, synopsis, project description, biographies of the filmmakers and producers and a link to audiovisual materials (trailer, demo, edited sequence).
• Upload the following documents in your MyIDFA account after
you pressed 'Submit' in the entry form, through the 'Documents link' option (pdf/word/excel/jpeg):
1. IBF Europe co-production project form
, containing a paragraph from applicant producer explaining involvement in the project; story outline, complementing the information sent in the entry form; distribution strategy; production schedule; track record of the applicant producers and co-producer(s);finance plan, indicating the status of other funding sources;
2. a complete production budget
, using the Excel sheet;
3. a signed co-production agreement
4. an extract of registration
, clearly indicating the applicant's company's name, the address of its head office, its year of establishment, and ownership, not older than six months.
• Post audiovisual material
from the project on Vimeo or YouTube. This could be a trailer, an edited sequence or an introduction to the subject or subjects and has to have a minimum length of 5 minutes.
If the project is in the post-production phase it is recommended to send an edited sequence or rough cut with a minimum length of 20 minutes
. The video must be in English or have English subtitles, and it must remain online for at least two months following the deadline. Fill out the link in the entry form OR send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org
. If possible, please allow for free viewing of the material (no password required).
• Send a DVD by regular mail if no link is available. The DVD must be in our office on the day of the deadline.
Regulations International Co-production support
Selection procedure and contracts
Frequently Asked Questions