FAQ: Friends of IDFA
- What dates are important to remember?
- Who are Friends of IDFA?
- What are the Friends benefits?
- Is there a pre-sale before the start of ticket sales in early November?
- What does the Friends screening involve?
- How do I get a ticket for the Friends screening?
- How do I become a Friend of IDFA?
- I prefer not to make a monthly donation. Can I make a one-time contribution instead?
- I can't log in as a Friend and order tickets.
- Should I inform you when I have a new (email) address?
- Should I inform you if I have created a new MyIDFA account?
- Do I also get a Friends pass?
- Do I have to renew my Friends membership every year?
- What do I need to order festival tickets once they're available?
- Do Friends get a discount?
- Can tickets be reserved?
- When will the festival selection be announced?
- How many Friends does IDFA have?
- What is the time period for the Friends membership?
- How can I cancel the Friends membership?
- Does IDFA have ANBI status?
1. What dates are important to remember?
IDFA will take place from November 20 to December 1, 2019.
2. Who are Friends of IDFA?
Friends of IDFA are dear to the festival, and support IDFA with a monthly contribution or a one-time donation. To thank our Friends, they are given priority in ticket sales for individual screenings, as well as an invitation to a specially organized Friends screening during the festival.
3. What are the Friends benefits?
Friends get: priority booking of regular tickets for IDFA 2019; the IDFA program magazine delivered to their home address; a discount on IDFA Specials in spring and autumn; free access to the Friends screening during IDFA 2019; and the Friends Newsletter throughout the year.
4. Is there a pre-sale before the start of ticket sales in early November?
Yes. Tickets for the Best of IDFA go on sale in September. In October the Specials will go on sale, including IDFA Audience Favourites, de Volkskrant-dag, IDFA in Carré etc. Friends can also festival tickets in advance during the official pre-sale (dates TBA).
5. What does the Friends screening involve?
As a Friend you directly support the talent development of young and emerging documentary filmmakers. This is precisely why the Friends screening features the winner of the IDFA Award for Best First Appearance. Access is free for all Friends of IDFA.
6. How do I get a ticket for the Friends screening?
Once ticket sales have started, you can 'buy' a ticket for € 0,- on our website. Friends who donate above € 9,- will receive an extra ticket for the Friends screening. An additional ticket can be purchased at the discounted rate of € 8,50.
7. How do I become a Friend of IDFA?
You can become a Friend of IDFA by filling in the online Friends form. By completing the form you agree to making a contribution via a monthly direct debit transaction. After registering to become a Friend you will receive a confirmation email. If you prefer not to set up a monthly direct debit, you can also donate once and enjoy the benefits of the Friends of IDFA for a year.
8. I prefer not to make a monthly donation. Can I make a one-time contribution instead?
Yes, you can support IDFA with a one-time contribution. If you donate an amount of € 36 or more, you will enjoy the Friends benefits until the end of the calendar year. Smaller donations are of course welcome too. You can transfer a donation of up to € 36 through the one time donation form or directly to Foundation IDFA with account number: NL 52 RABO 01 4551 9295. Please mention 'one-time donation' in the bank transfer.
9. I can’t log in as a Friend and order tickets.
To buy tickets on our website, you must first log into MyIDFA via the 'log in' button at the top right of your screen. Be sure to log in with the same email address you used to register as a Friend. Have you forgotten you MyIDFA password? Then click on 'Forgot Password'. You will receive an email with which you can create a new password, and log in again on the website. When you are correctly logged in, you will see 'MyIDFA' in the upper right corner.
10. Should I inform you when I have a new (email) address?
Yes, because it is linked to your MyIDFA account! Please let us know by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), and we will make sure that you can order tickets with your new email address as a Friend, and that the program magazine is delivered to the correct address.
11. Should I inform you if I have created a new MyIDFA account?
Your donation is linked to the email address you used to register as a Friend. This email address is also linked to your MyIDFA account, with which you log in to order tickets. Please let us know by email when you create a new MyIDFA account, so that you can use your new account for priority bookings and to order a free ticket for the Friends screening.
12. Do I also get a Friends Pass?
No, IDFA Friends do not receive a pass. Your Friend benefits are linked to your MyIDFA account.
13. Do I have to renew my Friends membership every year?
If you have authorized a direct debit transaction, you do not have to renew your membership every year. You are a Friend until you stop the authorization. If you have made a one-time donation, you must renew your membership. One-time donations allow you to enjoy the Friends benefits for 1 year.
14. What do I need to order festival tickets once they're available?
Starting with the exclusive Friends presale, you can order tickets on our website for individual film screenings. Be sure to log in to your MyIDFA account with the same email you used to become a Friend. During the festival, you can also buy tickets at our festival locations.
15. Do Friends get a discount?
Friends do not receive a discount on regular tickets, but they get priority booking for individual documentary screenings during the festival. In addition, Friends receive a discount on tickets for our IDFA Specials, the special pre-premieres that take place in spring and autumn. If you want to attend more than five screenings during the festival, it is advantageous to purchase an IDFA Discount Pass. The pass costs €12.50 and you will receive €2.50 discount per ticket (priced as of 2018).
16. Can tickets be reserved?
Unfortunately tickets can’t be reserved. You can only buy tickets.
17. When will the festival selection be announced?
The IDFA selection will be announced at the end of October or beginning of November. We'll keep you posted through our website and social media!
18. How many Friends does IDFA have?
IDFA currently has about 3.500 Friends.
19. What is the time period of the Friends membership?
We ask you to become a Friend for at least 12 months. You can cancel the direct debit authorization any month after that.
20. How can I cancel the Friends membership?
This can be done by phone (020 627 33 29) or by email (email@example.com).
21. Does IDFA have ANBI status?
IDFA has the ANBI (Public Benefit Organization) status as a cultural institution. If you make a donation to an institution with the ANBI status, it is deductible from the taxable income. For more information about the tax benefit go to: www.daargeefjeom.nl. Or read more about IDFA's ANBI status.
The board of IDFA receives no compensation. IDFA has its own payroll for its management and permanent staff. IDFA has 2 top employees (Festival Director and Artistic Director). The salaries are tested annually against the WNT (Wet Normering Topinkomen – ‘Standards for Renumeration Act’).
Do you have any other questions? Call 020-6273329 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.