1. Can I watch online screenings from outside of the Netherlands?
IDFA's online festival screenings can only be viewed from a Dutch IP address. This is due to international film rights and the function of a festival like IDFA. IDFA is there to launch films for Dutch audiences, but also for international professionals like sales agents, distributors, television buyers, and film festival programmers. These professionals can see IDFA-selected films in a secured Press & Industry Library.
There is a good reason for all of this: if films that premiere at IDFA are shown online to audiences around the world, they are much less interesting to these buyers and programmers. Under such circumstances, these films can no longer be shown in theaters, at festivals, or on television in Germany, the UK, the US, or any other country. The value of the films then decreases immensely.
This is why IDFA respects these agreements and gives films the opportunity to have an international career after IDFA. Because that's what we're here for.
2. How do I buy tickets?
Log into your MyIDFA account or create a MyIDFA account first. Find the screening of your choice in the timetable, or pick a film from the A-Z list. Click on the film page, then click Tickets/participate for the desired date and time.
3. How do I log in?
Click MyIDFA / Log in near the top right corner of the website.
4. Can I buy an extra ticket to an online screening for a friend?
Unfortunately not: tickets for online screenings are limited to one ticket per screening per account. However, you are free to watch together with family or friends from the comfort of your home.
5. What is the maximum number of tickets I can order for a physical screening?
Due to the coronavirus measures, all theaters have limited capacity. That's why you can buy up to two tickets per person per physical screening.
6. I placed an order for the wrong screening, or am not able to attend anymore. Is it possible to get a refund or swap my ticket for a different screening? Unfortunately, we do not provide returns for purchased tickets. It is also not possible to swap tickets for tickets to a different screening.
7. Is it possible to buy tickets at a physical ticket desk?
We don't have physical ticket desks this year. See the questions at the top of this page for instructions on how to buy tickets online.
8. What payment options do I have?
You can pay with iDEAL, Visa or Mastercard
10. Is it possible to buy combo tickets for special programs and selections?
Unfortunately, we do not offer any combination tickets this year.
11. Is there an unlimited number of tickets available for each online screening?Unfortunately not: for each online screening, a maximum of 1000 tickets is available. If a film is available worldwide or for an unlimited audience, its value for international distribution will decrease. So, for the same reason that most of our online festival program isn't available worldwide, a maximum amount of viewers is allowed per screening. See question #1 for a more elaborate explanation.